History of chords
In the world of music, the various set of notes which is played on a Guitar is known as a Guitar Chords. These guitar chords are invented by Ry Cooder. These chords play with the help of six strings namely ‘E-A-D-G-B-E'( these strings are arranged in a sequence of pitches from lowest pitch to highest pitch. There are two types of plucking or strumming stocks are named as 1. Downstroke and 2. Upstroke and is played in various strumming patterns and there is a total of 18 frets in a Guitar. Generally, the notes of chords play at the same time, but it can be played in the Arpeggio sequence. There are various discrete forms of chords having their root note on 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th strings.
The open tunings are especially famous in folks, in non-Spanish classical guitar, blues guitar. The Guitar Chords are clarified by the class of different tunings and this different/alternative tuning is known as Regular tunings. The Chord patterns may be transferred down the fretboard diagonally for every regular tuning. on the other hand, it has been more strenuous to play 6-string chords in the regular tuning. so now let us know about all the Chords of Guitar one by one with their diagram( diagram of chords makes you set your finger on the particular points to set a chord ) to learn each chord clearly.
Types of Basic Chords in Guitar
1. E minor Chord ( Basic Chords of guitar)
E Minor chord is one of the simplest chords than the other chords because in this we use only our two-finger to build E minor chord. It is a very common chord, so come on let’s learn this chord by following steps:-
Steps for E minor chord
1. First of all , place your first finger on the fifth string of second fret.
2. After that , place your second finger on the fourth string of again second fret.
3. Then , push these two strings tightly and strum properly . so your E minor chords is successfully set.
2. C minor chord
C minor chord is another tremendous chord of guitar and there are many ways to play these chords. This is chords a little bit difficult but not too much because we have to fix this chord with all four fingers. But we have one of the easiest ways to play this chord.
Steps for C minor chord
1. Firstly, place your 1st finger on the strings from the first to fifth string on the 3rd fret and you successfully make a bar chord.
2. After that, place your middle finger on the B string of the 4th fret and also place your third and fourth finger on the D and G string respectively.
3. Tightly push these all these simultaneously and must check once, all the string gives proper sound or not. I hope you have successfully the C minor chord.
3. A minor chord
A minor chord is very fabulous and like a magical sound chord. This chord is very simple to play and there is no need for any bar chord to play A minor chord. This chord can be played by three strings D, G, and B. so let’s learn this chord with some steps one by one.
Steps for A minor chord
1. First of all , place your first finger on the B string at first fret.
2. Then place your middle finger on D string and also place your third finger on G string at the second fret.
3. Tightly push these string and make sure these 3 string gives proper sound or not so, I hope you have successfully learned this Chord, now turn to the next chord.
4. A major chord
A major chord is a very amazing chord and it is also a very useful chord of the guitar, it sounds great!!. This chord is played by using a three-finger and it is a little bit difficult to play because there is a need for all three fingers at the same fret. This chord can be played by the combination of three strings D, G, and B at the same time. It looks hard in the diagram but not too much so now let’s learn some easy fingering points step by step.
Steps for A major chord
1. First , place your first finger on string D on one end at second fret and press with high pressure.
2. After that, similarly place your middle finger on string G and also place the third finger on string B at the second fret.
3. Press this point tightly and make sure all three strings give proper sound or not. So I hope you have successfully learned this chord and now let’s move to the next one.
5. E major chord
Another very magnificent chord is waiting for you, that is E major chord, it sounds awesome!!. This chord is very simple and approximately the same as A minor chord. There is a use of three-finger to play this chord and this chord can be played three strings are A, D and G. So now let’s learn some easy steps to set up this chord.
Steps for E major chord
1.First of all , put your first finger on string G at the first fret and press it forcely.
2. Then place your both middle and third finger on string A and string D respectively at the second fret.
3. press these all points forcefully and must check these string gives proper sound or not then you can play with strumming, so now turn to the next chord.
6. C major chord
C major chord is another very interesting chord of guitar and usage of this chord is higher than C minor in songs. This is a very simple chord and it is three fingers set up the chord. C major chord can be played by using three-string and that is A, D, and B strings. so now learn some easy basic steps to fix this chord.
Steps for C major chord
1. To set this chord first of all , place your first finger on string B at the first fret.
2. After that put your middle finger on the string D at the second fret.
3. Then again place your third finger on the string A at the third fret.
4. Then press all these three points tightly and check the sounds of these strings if it is clear or not, so now let’s move to another fabulous chord.
7. G major chord
G major chord is another very beautiful chord of the guitar. This chord is different from another chord. It is three fingers set up chord and this chord can be played by three strings, which are E( Thickest string ), A, and E( Thinnest string ). So now let’s learn some steps to set this chord.
Steps for G major chord
1.First of all , place your first finger on string A at the second fret.
2. Then, place your middle finger on string E ( Thickest string ) and also put your third finger on string E ( Thinnest string ) at the third fret.
3. Press these string points clearly and check the string give proper sound or not and now move to another chord.
8. D minor chord
D minor is a very unique and magical chord. To play this you need to put your three-finger on strings and The names of these strings are G string, B string, and E string. So now let’s learn some steps to gain the chord.
Steps for D minor chord
- First, you have to place your first finger on string E at the first fret.
- After that, put your middle finger on string G at the second fret.
- Then put the third finger on string B at the third fret and press all strings point properly.
so first of all learn and remind these all eight basic chord and you will play many song by these chords.